Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a related post.
Latest News, Updates & Emergencies
• No current emergencies to report •
UPCOMING BOARD MEETING:
February 21, 2023 @ 6:30 PM in the James F. Conway Conference Room 17 Maple Avenue Blairsville, PA 15717
- CALL TO ORDER
- ROLL CALL
- PUBLIC COMMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM PREVIOUS MEETING (Jan 17, 2023)
- APPROVAL OF ACCOUNTS PAYABLE & PAYROLL
- SOLICITOR’S REPORT
- ENGINEER’S REPORT
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S REPORT
- OLD BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
*Protecting Your Plumbing from Freezing Weather**
With the continuing trend of extremely frigid temperatures, water customers are advised to take precautions to prevent their water pipes from freezing and bursting. Some simple steps can help prevent a costly call to the plumber.
- Open cupboard doors under sinks, especially where plumbing is in an exterior wall, to let interior heat warm the pipes.
- Temporarily keep a steady but slow drip of cold water at an inside faucet either farthest from the water meter or at a sink in the highest section of the home, to keep water moving and less likely to freeze. The trickle should be a steady stream, about the size of lead in a pencil.
- Cover foundation vents inside with cardboard, thickly folded newspapers, or foam blocks.
- For extended winter absences, contact HWA to have your water service shut off.
If your pipes freeze:
- Use a heat lamp, electric heater or hair dryer to thaw. Never use an open flame. Heat tape may also be used.
- If lines are frozen, assume they may be broken or split and be prepared to turn water off while thawing pipes. Shut off valves are located near the water meter or where water lines enter the house.
Mobile homes utilize meter pits.
- Purchase leak repair clamps at the hardware store or call your local plumber.
Should an interruption in service occur, contact your neighbor. If they have water, your service is either frozen or your have a leak.
Please call HWA at 888-557-4343 (from 8 AM to 4 PM) or 800-847-6637 (after hours) if you are unable to turn off the water.
Office Hours & General Information
Office hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday – Friday and we can be reached 24-hours a day should an emergency arise. For general information, please have your account number available when contacting us.
Office Fax: 724-459-5629
Emergency: 1-800-847-6637 (24 hours / day)