Latest News, Updates & Emergencies
We will provide information on emergencies, when they occur here:
• May 29th at 8:45 PM •
Customer is the North Josephine area of Burrell Township are currently impacted by a water main break. While repairs are being made, customers will experience no water, low pressure and / or dirty water. The shut down previously scheduled for the morning of the 30th has been cancelled.
OFFICE OPEN – LIMITED ADMITTANCE & MASK REQUIRED
Your water supply is one of the most vital resources to protect your health during this worldwide public emergency. In order to protect the employees providing that service, be advised that public access to our office is limited.
- A payment box is available outside Highridge’s office here at 17 Maple Avenue.
- Payments may still be made at many area banks, such as S&T Bank Resort Plaza (Blairsville), Ameriserv (Seward) and Somerset Trust (New Florence). Please call your bank to verify their operating status and procedures.
- Credit card payments may be made online or by calling the office (SERVICE FEE APPLIES).
If there is an urgent need to visit our office, you must adhere to the following:
- You must be in good health and not feeling any symptoms related to COVID-19, such as fever, breathing difficulties, digestive problems, cough or fatigue.
- You must wear a mask at all times during your office visit.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT YOUR WATER SYSTEM AND COVID-19
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has advised that COVID-19 has not been detected in drinking water and that conventional water treatment methods that use filtration and disinfection such as those in municipal drinking water systems remove or inactivate viruses.
Unlike a power outage, flooding, or other natural disasters, a pandemic does not harm or disable drinking water treatment. There is no evidence, either, that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Again, proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g. with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs removes or inactivates the virus causing COVID-19.
For more information go online to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/water.html
Office Hours & General Information
Office hours are 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday – Friday and we can be reached 24-hours a day should an emergency arise. For general information, have your account number available when contacting us.
Office Fax: 724-459-5629